Wednesday 24 December 2008

Updates...

I have been quite bad at writing blogs... I read a lot of blogs of my friends and enjoy it thouroughly. I always feel I should write too, but never do.

So I thougth, I should write something before 2008 ends and continue writing in 2009.
I am really looking forward to the long holiday between Christmas and New year. I finish at work today and have to come back only on 5th January, which is a good 11 day holiday. Really looking forward to it. We dont have any plans yet, but look forward to relax and may be catch up with some home cleaning, ironing and lots of shopping. I am also looking forward to read some of the books that I have bought recently.

My sister V has become a voracious reader and suggests some really great books to read. I read the Kite Runner and loved it to bits. Recently finished with 'The White Tiger' written by Aravind Adiga who also won the Man's Bookers Prize. Its an intresting read. Although, I wondered why he got such an award for it.. !

At the moment... I am reading a book called 'Holy Cow' by Sarah Mcdonald. She is an Australian lady and she writes about her experience in India. Look forward to finish it duing the holidays that I have.
Last weekend, Dec 20-21st, 2008 we(Me, MR, my friend SM and her hubby D) had been to Brussels.. Yay.. ! We have been in London UK for almost 5 years now and had not travelled to Europe at all as we were busy with jobs and other things. And also, had to get Schengan Visa done everytime we wanted to travel. That kind of held us back so we were covering places within UK, travelling to scotland, parts of England etc.

With my friend SM &D coming here.. I though it will be good to tag along.. with them to Brussels.. this way we get to see the place and also get to spend sometime with them.. And it was perfect.. We had a great time together...

I had loads of chocolate as Belgium is famous for it. Its indeed a beautiful city and since the entire city was decorated for Christmas, it made it all the more beautiful. There was this really cool music and dancing lights in the city centre and was lovely. The mood, music and the lights in that place was just amazing. I have never seen something like this before.
Also, we got to try something called the 'Mulled Wine'. I normally hate all sorts of alcohol, but this is something I can say I like. MR has promised me that he will make some at home and we can all have it.

All in all.. it was an eventful weekend.. and had loads of fun.. Thanks to SM for all her hard work for getting together a list of places to visit and things to do... Had a great time.. and look forward to spend more time with you girl.. Cheers to you.. !

No comments: