Tuesday 27 January 2009

Travelling.. a passion

Travelling has been something that I always wanted to do.. Its something that has always excited me...even as a child I used to dream of travelling the world.


I have been extremely lucky to have visited most places in and around Bangalore through one day school trips and my parents have taken me to a lot of places. We, as a family have visited most places(temples) of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Some of the temples are mind-blowing.... Some of the beaches on the west coast of India are one of their kind.. as my grandparents/parents are from a small village near Udipi, we used to travel to Udipi often. Needless to say, the beaches there are fantastic... Some beaches are completely secluded.. with access limited to the village and the people who know how to get to these remote places.... Its a wonderful place.. with lots of interesting people......

I have been to a lot of places in the last few years.. We have travelled quite a bit in UK and also a few cities of US and Europe..This year.. we have planned to go to Dubai.. and look to travel to a few more places this summer..

Travelling is one thing I want to be able to do all my life.. I thank God, my parents and all my loved ones who have been a great influence on whoever I am today..

Looking forward to Dubai.. now.. heard a lot about that city from friends.... another 2 weeks to go... hurray... !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sooooooooo envy you, gurl !!!

But I'm also very happy that you're getting all these experiences !! Like you said, traveling is my passion too and I'm glad I have a husband that shares my passion :)

Like they say - desha noDu, kosha vodhu in Kannada - traveling gives you a different perspective on life and people and you become a more humble and learned person :) And isnt that a glad thing to happen to us? To be able to appreciate and tolerate people around us? :)

Long comment but I had to say it :) Have fun, babe! And come back and write about it :) Will wait for your post :)

SR said...

thanks M.. We seem to have a lot in common...
Will keep you updated...