Wednesday 12 May 2010

New office... New team

I have been taken out of my original role and been deputed to a new project. The project office is based in a new location and I am really excited to be a part of both the team and the office. London is a very old city and therefore there are very less sky scrapers. A number of buildings are listed and therefore cannot be destroyed or externally modified.

The highlight of the new office space is that it has about 33 floors.. And although we are on the 12th floor we have some great views. This is the first time I am actually working in such massive building. I get cheap thrills like that J

The best part of this office is that we don’t have many phones yet, which means no one can contact me easily. I am left all by myself to do some work without disturbance, which is fantastic. I am a big fan of natural light and clear glass windows, and the office has a lot of both. It’s also closer to home than my old office; it’s a 20 minute train journey which is a luxury by London standards.


All in all, the choice of moving from my original role to the new role, worked out really well from all aspects so far.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, All the best for your new role and project

Vasu~

Anonymous said...

but, what happ to your cell phone ?

SR said...

Thank you very much Vasu...
Cell phone is the same..why?

snippetsnscribbles said...

WOW! Should be great!!!

Congrats for both - the new office and new role! Rock 'em! :)

SR said...

Thank you M...