Friday 25 June 2010

Footy

I normally tend to avoid going to pubs with office colleagues, firstly because they have loud music, therefore it’s impossible to have a conversation, without screaming down one’s ear and secondly I don't drink (like) alcohol!

But yesterday, everyone in my new project office were going to the pub to watch an important England football world cup match, I had to go with them as this meant we left office at 3.00 and went home early too.. :) How could I miss that? I am making all attempt to follow the world cup at least until such time that England are out. It was a new experience for me, watching football game in the pub.

There were a lot of people shouting and screaming and enjoying the game. Luckily, England won the game, which meant that they are not out of the world cup (yet)! The weather was very good, which meant the celebration continued for a lot of people even after the game, a lot of people moved out of the pubs to continue drinking and I headed home to catch up on some Wimbledon action.
I have never been this interested in football, but I always loved watching tennis. Football is new to me and I am slowly starting to learn the rules of the game. I am looking forward to the game this Sunday between Germany and England. Go England!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol i feel like im not listening to you but bali :) He is also a football maniac.
sometimes i feel like putting him and the tv on sale :) Esp when arsenal and Manchester U are playing
Vasu

snippetsnscribbles said...

WOW - Beautiful template :)

Oh, and like you even I've begun to understand the game of football now :) And guess what? USA lost today to Ghana! :(

But GO ENGLAND ! :)

SR said...

@Vasu.. - LOL at selling Bali and the TV..

@M: Thank you..
Yes, I watched the game yesterday.. and England Lost today.. :(