Tuesday 27 September 2011

New role... once again

I have had very little work to do over the last few months. Since the time I have come back from holiday, I have had very less to do and therefore I feel I have become extremely lazy. This is not a nice state to be in..

After I came back from holiday(Bali) in May, a few things had changed in my company. One of my boss(RL) suddenly disappeared from the company, therefore significantly reducing my workload. Since his departure, I had been applying for new jobs and looking to see what is in the market etc...

I think not having anything significant or challenging to do is making my brain rust a little bit. I need something that challenges me and pushes me to learn new things. I hate to sit in the office and twiddle my thumbs. I rather sit at home and read my book or do something that occupies my mind.

While I was busy searching for new roles outside, an interesting situation has come up recently and I have been requested to cover for someones maternity. I grabbed this offer with both hands as I think its really a good team to be in and I have a lot to learn. Its a commercial finance role and hopefully I will do well there.

In a way, I am really happy that I was chosen and given this opportunity. The manager of that team approached me saying that I have received really good reviews and feedback and therefore if I would be interested to take on a new challenge. I was really happy to hear that from her, I only hope now that I can keep up with this new challenge.

If everything works to plan.. I should start on the 10th of Oct.. Fingers crossed..

No comments: