Monday 29 December 2008

Year 2008...

The year 2008.. has been a wonderful year.... a year of happiness... a year of accomplishment.. ups and downs... to summarise.. it has been a year worth remembering..
Highlights of this year...
  • Registered for ACCA (Accredited Certified Chartered Accountants)
  • One of my dreams fulfilled.. went to Switzerland after 4 long years of being in London. Had a fantastic time in Swiss with MR, my cousin and his wife. We were in Swiss from 19th to 24th March during Easter holidays
  • Went to Bangalore and Udipi for a religious ceremony, spent a quick 5 days in Bangalore..
  • Permanently straightened hair ( Yuko hair straightening) while in Bangalore
  • Visited Pune on work a couple of time, lived, dined in some of the most expensive restaurants and hotels in Pune & Bombay. Got to know one of my colleague very well, spent a lot of time with her
  • Self studied for ACCA exams in most of April & May and gave exams in June, It had been almost 6 years since I gave exams. It was scary, but went through it somehow, and actually got through some exams as well.
  • My good friend S & DN arrive to London to be here for 15 months.. (I was and am excited about their stay)
  • Went on a Caravan trip with some good friends.. had a good time, had never been on a caravan till then
  • Went to a place called 'GO APE' with a huge group, had a good time. Its a place where everyone gets a chance to be a monkey ( hahaha.. I am one according to my dear sister V)
  • Went to a farm to pick Strawberries in September 08. It was an experience, we could pick our own strawberries, eat as many as you want, pick our own french beans, pick sweetcorn ourselves. We had a great time... went twice to the same place...
  • Tasted, fresh raw sweetcorn for the first time.. was tasty..
  • Changed jobs
  • Studied for some more exams in December.. and finished them...
  • Repayed a few debts and cleared a few credit card... Hurray!
  • Read a few books and the best read was 'The Kite Runner'
  • Awarded the 'most valuable performer' for a month at work.. being only 2 months in a new organisation
  • Enjoyed the great christmas break with MR and friends.....

A eventful, busy and a wonderful year... ! Thanks to my husband MR to bring me to London and being with me through everything.. for putting up with me and my tantrums with utmost patience.. I love you MR...

No comments: