Friday 9 January 2009

What a book!

Here I was at Liverpool Street Station this morning… reading a book.. Waiting for a train to take me to Tower hill. To be specific, waiting for a circle line. Most of the times, one of the four trains (every 7mins-honestly there is no reason to complain) that cross the platform is a circle line, and normally, I get agitated about the fact that why one in four.. Why not one in two…??

But today… I was, not bothered, immersed in to my book, really happy that my train has not yet arrived and I can read some more of my book and thinking ‘Oh well.. Its not my fault if I am late to the office.. It’s the train.’ !

I also had other options of getting to work, like taking a train to Aldgate and walking to office, which I would do normally if there were problems with the trains, but today I could not be bothered as my book did not let me do it.

And the book, I was reading is called Q&A by Vikas Swarup. Thanks to my sister V for telling me about it. It’s an amazing book and a complete page-turner. The movie ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ is based on this book and now I am really looking forward to watch the movie

No comments: