Thursday 8 January 2009

Tale of Boots!

From the time I watched the song ‘Yaye Re, Yay Re, Zor Laga ke naache Re’ in the movie Rangeela, I wanted to buy knee length black boots. At that time I was in school and all I could is dream about it. And moreover, In Bangalore, it would be really difficult to find knee length boots and also it would be very expensive if I were to find it.

All through my college life, never felt the need for boots. Most of my college life was spent wearing a pair of Reebok sneakers that my brother got me from his very first trip abroad. As I was a tomboy of the first order, most of my college life was spent with a few pairs of jeans, T-shirts and sneakers. I used to wear Salwar Kameez once in a bluemoon, when most of my jeans are being washed.

After I started working, since the organisation I started my career was an American multinational.. and they did not want us to dress formal or anything like that.. so did not bother buying anything fancy.

Then I came to London. I used to be amazed at people’s dress sense here in a good way. Some of them look so smart and the dream came back of owing a pair of smart looking boots. J
I finally managed to buy a beautiful pair of black boots a few days before christmas and I am really thrilled about them. They are perfect for the weather, they are comfortable and keep me warm.. What more can you ask. I also got another pair of cheap boots from Brussels, which is also extremely comfortable. I have been wearing my boots everywhere now.. and I am loving it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I totally know the feeling! Thats how I got my ankle boots too :))) It is a dream come true....finally!!

SR said...

Hmmm.. I thougth I was a wierd one.. I have company.. :)
Thanks Babe.. !