Monday 2 February 2009

Snow.. snow.. snow...

On Sunday evening when I looked out of my bedroom window at 5.45 PM… the road was a bit frosty with sleet…The sky was unusually bright for that time of the day and the year.

I was informed by some of my friends on Saturday that Britain is expecting highest snowfall since 18 years.. And here I was thinking that the weather forecast guys have got it wrong again.. as there are a number of instances before.. Like one of my friend always says ‘Weather report staff are the only ones.. who retain their jobs even after getting it wrong most of the time’

But this time, the weather report was spot on and there was plenty of snow. Something that Britain was not ready for. It started Sunday afternoon…I could see snow flakes flying everywhere and then finally gently settling on the grass in my garden, on pavements, on my car etc. I was all excited to see the snow, sat there staring at it for sometime. After a little while I decided to read a book as there was no way we could get out. Dozed off a bit, woke up to look outside and there was about 3-4 inches of snow at around 9.00 PM and the colour of the sky was unusually orange..

I thought to myself… Hmmm. How I am going to get to the office tomorrow.. hope the trains are working… hope there are no delays.. etc etc.. Finally I decided to worry about it the following morning and take it as it comes.. Went out in the snow.. clicked a few more photos.. played with it and got back inside and retired for the day…


Every morning, as soon as I wake up, I look out of the window to check what the weather is like, how bright it is etc.. Did the same Monday morning (02FEB09)… and guess what… I can see my car completely covered in snow.. roads have about 9-10 inches of snow.. and its still snowing… Switched on the radio to hear that most roads are jammed, London Buses are not working, most trains are cancelled due to adverse weather.. Here I am thinking to myself ‘God, what am I going to wear, how am I going to get through this snow to get to work, are my trains working.. what am I going to tell my manager.. Etc’ MR looked out of the window and happily decided that he would work from home and is not making a trip to the office and started persuading me to stay home as well.. and started scaring me that If I ended up going to London, I might not be able to get back etc.. So,Guess what I decide.. to stay home and enjoy the day at home.. I could have worked from home, but my remote connection decided not to work that day.


Anyway, we went out.. Played with snow for a few hours.. all the kids in our neighbourhood were out on the street as their schools were closed.. We made snowman, threw snow on each other.. had a great time.. J Well worth the stay at home…!
Here you go.. some more pictures.. of the wonderful snow day in London.. after 18 years.. !






























No comments: